MAJR Products offers Mechanical and EMC consulting services to our customers who need to bring their product from design concept through testing compliance to full production or any stage between. Our experience ensures speed to market and we are always current on the latest IEEE legislation.
MAJR consultants are always available by phone and email to assist in answering your technical questions and design concerns. Telecom and on-site consulting of up to 4 hours is provided completely free to our customers. After that, consulting is available at an hourly rate or can be quoted per diem or by project. We can also assist in meeting MIL-STF 461 and other military or commercial standards.
EMC Consulting White Paper
Download as a pdf »
Electrical / EMC Engineering Michael Oliver, Vice President
An expert in EMI/RFI shielding technology, military shelter electrical EMC systems and high power antenna/radome design, Mike offers MAJR clients more than 20 years of experience in electromagnetic compatibility and electromagnetic environmental effects in both military and commercial applications.
Patents and Publications
• Holds three patents on EMC shielding and thermal management devices
• Has performed open and anechoic chamber radiated tests to military standards utilizing various radiated test systems
• Author of numerous publications and white papers on electromagnetic shielding products and military antenna/radome test methodology standards
• Senior member of IEEE
• Board of directors, EMC Society
• Chairman, IEEE EMP Pittsburgh chapter
• Co-chairman of the SAE AE4 Electromagnetics Compatibility E3 Committee
• Chairman, 2012 IEEE EMC Symposium, Pittsburgh, PA.
• Member, IEEE EMC Standards Advisory Coordination Committee (SACCCom)
• Member, dB Society
Mechanical Engineering Biography of Bill Spencer
Mr. Spencer is the Vice President of Mechanical Engineering at MAJR Products Corporation. He is responsible for overseeing the generation of all internal production drawings for manufacturing as well as the interpretation and conversion of customer drawings to mechanically sound renderings for that purpose. He oversees all product estimating for quotation of new parts and existing designs and acts as a mechanical interface with customers for EMI/RFI shielding design. He is responsible for calibration for ISO-9001 and documentation for job traveler and all drawing revisions for production.
Bill holds a B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering from Penn State University and has been a Mechanical Engineer since 1975. He has experience in equipment design and start-up and has been involved with shielding components since 1991. He has participated in anechoic chamber testing for EMI/RFI shielding for various honeycomb vent panels and has previously served as production manager for 13 years. Bill has literally taken thousands of paper concepts through to reality as viable Electromechanically sound shielding parts.